We serve the community and work with parents to help all of our students to grow into mature, responsible adults and good citizens. Heartlands Academy aims to provide a broadly based and balanced education, relevant to the needs and abilities of the pupils, mindful of the requirements and aspirations of society.
Our aim is to provide an education which develops the full potential of each student in preparation for life’s opportunities, responsibilities and experiences.
- We want to encourage students to work with a high level of effort.
- Insist on high standards of courtesy, self-discipline, respect for others, responsibility for others, co-operation with others.
- Encourage students to understand and respect the religious and moral values of the student’s own and other cultures.
- Help students to develop their skills and abilities to the highest possible level, acquiring the knowledge and skills needed for adulthood and the world of work.
- Encourage students to enjoy learning, so that they go on learning throughout life.
- Teach students to understand and respect themselves, developing their own self-esteem while respecting others.
- Encourage students to develop responsible attitudes towards caring for themselves, and the wise use of their time.
- Help students understand how to care for their community and their environment.
- Provide an orderly, safe and stimulating environment in which children can learn effectively.
- Encourage students to gain a positive attitude to life, recognising their unique worth, enabling them to realise their true potential.
- Help students to develop qualities of versatility and adaptability.
- Help students to develop a sense of responsibility and self-discipline.