Chemistry A Level
Chemistry is the study of processes which make the world work. You will learn about how atoms interact with each other to build everything around you. As well as theoretical chemistry, practical work will teach you to observe, analyse and communicate complicated ideas.
Achieving a good grade in Chemistry, when combined with other appropriate A level subjects, is a great choice for people who want to go on to a career in health and clinical professions, such as medicine, nursing, biochemistry, dentistry and forensic science. It will also equip you for a career in industry, for example in the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries as well as forensics and environmental protection.
Second in Science
Teacher of Science
The A level Chemistry course delivered at Heartlands is OCR’s A level Chemistry. The units covered are:
- Unit 1: Development of Practical Skills in Chemistry
- Unit 2: Foundations of Chemistry
- Unit 3: Periodic Table and Energy
- Unit 4: Core Organic Chemistry
- Unit 5: Physical Chemistry and Transition Elements
- Unit 6: Organic Chemistry and Analysis