Geography A Level
"Geography prepares young people with the knowledge, skills and understanding to make sense of their world and to face the challenges that will shape our societies and environments at the local, national and global scales."
Dr Rita Gardner, Director, RGS-IBG quoted in A Different View
The Geography department aims for students to develop:
- Knowledge and understanding of the planet Earth and its peoples.
- Lasting awareness of the world around us.
- Sensitivity and empathy towards all others.
- Tolerance and independent thinking.
- Preparedness for an active citizen’s role in a changing world.
Head of Geography
Teacher of Geography
Students sit two exams. Topics include:
- Physical Geography
- Water and Carbon Cycles
- Hot Desert Systems
- Coastal Systems and Landscapes
- Human Geography
- Global Systems and Global Governance
- Changing Places
- Population and the Environment
- Geography Fieldwork Investigation
- students complete an individual investigation which must include data collected in the field. The individual investigation must be based on a question or issue defined and developed by the student relating to any part of the specification content.
For further information regarding studying A Level Geography at Heartlands Academy, please contact: Mrs Hanson